[plumi-discuss] [Plumi] #128: New Editor Role To Edit/Delete ATEngageVideo, News, Events and Callouts Objects

Plumi trac at plumi.org
Fri Nov 23 01:47:27 UTC 2007

#128: New Editor Role To Edit/Delete ATEngageVideo, News, Events and Callouts
Objects
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  anna           |       Owner:  andycat
     Type:  task           |      Status:  new
 We have found on EngageMedia.org that the Reviewer role does not have all
 the necessary permissions to fulfill the role we need them to do.

 Currently Reviewers can view and publish (or reject) content in the
 pending state.

 However this does not allow them to make small changes to a video (its
 description, or the creation and upload of a thumbnail, or adding tags for
 example) before publishing. We wish that the people who volunteer to check
 videos could have this ability as content often needs "sub-editing" before
 approval.

 So we should create a new Editor role that allows the Member with this
 role to edit (and delete?) these objects in addition to viewing them, when
 in the pending (and potentially also the public-draft) state:

 * ATEngageVideo
 * Event
 * News
 * Callouts

 The rest of the content types can be the reserve of the Manager role to
 take care of, ensuring that control over core content on the site is not
 given to Editors.

 I'm not sure how long it would take to create this role, or how high it
 should go up the priority list. Putting into 0.3 until a discussion can be
 had about when we should do this. Note - I have employed an "ugly hack" in
 the meantime on EngageMedia.org by giving somebody ownership over the
 /Members/ folder.

--
Ticket URL: <http://www.plumi.org/ticket/128>
Plumi <http://plumi.org/>