[plumi-discuss] non display of widgets and protecting raw video files

Andrew Carter eatlessworld at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 09:46:47 EST 2009

Hi Anna and all,

sorry it's taken so long to reply. Think the non display on IE issue (see
below) was due to the old object tag code. I tested it with the new object
code and it displays fine in IE. It seems the updated Plumi takes care of
that one.

Another question: is it possible to protect raw video files from being
downloaded under Plumi?  We want to use Plumi as a permaculture community
video sharing platform (where downloading is fine). But with some videos (an
online permaculture course) the guy who developed the materials would like
to protect his work (as much as that is possible online). Is there any way
we protect raw video material from within Plumi?

I know it's possible to hide videos from coming up in searches using
effective date, but is there any way to protect the raw files so they are
not directly accessible by URL.

Cheers,

Andrew