[Plumi-announce] New Plumi Release - 0.2.2
plumi-announce at lists.plumi.org
Fri Nov 21 15:02:54 EST 2008
We are pleased to announce the release of a new version of Plumi, 0.2.2,
the video-sharing package for Plone.
This release was focused on user-enhancements, with several small
improvements that should make a big difference to users, including:
* A new animation during video upload to indicate uploading.
* Transcoding messages are now only seen by site managers.
* The featured video now includes a flash player on the front page
- no need to go digging for your first streaming video experience!
* Workflow improvements - consistent across videos, callouts, news
* Video listings template improvement - the country metadata on
each video is now listed.
* Implementation of latest version of the Transmission Metadata
Standard 1.0 release candidate. The Transmission Metadata Standard
is designed to enable better content sharing between projects in
the Transmission network of social change online video
initiatives. For more info on the standard and working group
please view the TX wiki here:
For a full list of changes view the changelog:
You can download this version of Plumi here in the Plone repository:
We will be working on a minor bug fix release 0.2.2.1 shortly -
including these fixes:
If you are running a Plumi site please let us know so we can showcase
your project here on the Plumi blog:
Here are some interesting new Plumi sites to check out:
EngageMedia partnered with iCommons recently to produce a Plumi site for
the iSummit in Sapporo, Japan, which showcased pioneering approaches to
furthering digital culture around the world:
We're always looking for people to get involved in Plumi, so drop us a
line if you would like to become a developer on the project, if you have
code to contribute, or if you would like to take part in testing.
The Plumi Team
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Plumi-announce